Spending Less Time In Kitchen! Black Bean Soup


With the cold winter days and nights now in full swing, I've been falling in love with my crock-pot. I had no idea that one of  the least expensive appliances in my kitchen, could turn out to be so invaluable. I've been spending a lot less time in the kitchen, which gives me more of "me time"! One of my favorite crock-pot recipes is my black bean soup. This recipe will really warm you up!

Ingredients:
2 cups of dried black beans, (soaked overnight, rinsed and drained)
2 large green bell peppers, sliced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
2 celery stalks - chopped
2 onions, chopped
4-5 bay leaves
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
(2) 32 oz containers of organic low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups of water
2 tsp of cumin
2 tbsp of organic brown sugar or molasses
2 tablespoons of olive oil
*1 tsp of Bragg's amino for flavoring - great for flavoring almost anything!
*Add additional vegetables for taste (I added some of my dehydrated sweet corn, tomatoes, etc...) 
* Optional ingredients

Combine all ingredients in 6 quart crock-pot, cook for 6-8 hours on low (remove bay leaves)


Serve as a soup or over rice! 

Popular Posts