Homemade Triple Nut Berry Pancakes

It's Saturday morning again and time to make those homemade pancakes! Who doesn't love waking up to the smell of freshly grilled hot pancakes. I usually make hot pancakes almost every morning and never really thought about sprucing up the recipe until my husband made a batch of homemade pancakes one morning. To my surprise they included mostly vegetables like chopped broccoli, carrots, spinach and other vegetables.


















They were pretty tasty, but I tend to like more of a nutty fruity pancake in the morning.
I started experimenting and came up with a few recipes that are now a hit around my house.


Triple Nut Berry Pancakes: (This recipe makes a huge batch of (21) 4 inch pancakes.
Cut recipe in half or fourths for less pancakes.)

2 cups of King Arthur Flour (white whole wheat)
1 cup of Bisquick Heart Smart Baking mix
1/2 cup of oats
3 tablespoons of light olive oil
1/2 cup of egg beaters (I like the to use powdered egg whites).
1 cup of water
3/4 cup of  dried mixed berries (for this recipe I used a cranberry and cherry blend.
2/3 cup of raw nuts crushed (I used a blend of almonds, pecans, cashews) 


 
Combine dry ingredients except fruit and nuts. Next add milk, water, oil and egg.
Mix until smooth. Stir in nuts and berries.

Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat. I use a light vegetable oil to coat pan and give my pancakes a more crisper taste. Coconut oil is my new choice of oil along with using olive oil. 







 


Cook until golden brown on each side and serve with your favorite toppings.



 
 You may also want to try my "Healthy Chocolate Apple Spice Pancakes with Flax Seed". They are really delicious and can be eaten without syrup. Great with a piping hot cup of coffee in the morning.

Just substitute (1) large freshly chopped apple for the nuts and berries. Add 3 tablespoons of natural unsweetened coco, 1 tablespoon of flax seed and 1/2 tablespoon of chinese 5 spice or cinnamon.



For my" Coconut Almond Dream" pancakes I substituted the cherries and mixed nuts with a 1/2 cup of sliced almond and 1/4 cup of frozen coconut flakes thawed. Pictured last are "Coconut Almond Dream" pancakes served with turkey bacon and turkey sausage with dried cranberries. These pancakes were decadent! 

Popular Posts