I've been in a "fishy" mood lately

After going meatless for the past several weeks in order to give my body a healthy boost, I began to have sudden cravings for fish and I didn't even mention it to my husband when he walks in with several pounds of various fish fillets. My guess is he was craving the same thing. Although I love to cook, I was tired, hungry and really not in the mood to cook. Staring down at the fish as if they were going to cook themselves, I thought for a moment and came up with this quick and easy recipe.

I call this E*A*S*Y Bake Fish Fillets.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup of egg substitute or (3) eggs beaten
2 cups of crushed bread crumbs
(I used seasoned cheese and garlic croutons crushed into small pieces)
4-6 fish fillets (any of your favorite fresh water fish fillets can be used) Pictured is Swai fillets, which is  relatively a  new fish on the block and very economical.
1-2 teaspoons of  lemon pepper
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
Sprinkle each fillet with lemon pepper and dip in egg mixture. Next coat each fillet with bread crumbs.



Coat baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil and place fillets on pan.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.








Dinner was ready in about 30 minutes. Healthy and
delicious!










Popular Posts